2006 KTM SuperMoto

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by Bimbo, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

N
    I think the only reason it sold was because of its rarity. New owner bought mine because it's exactly the same as the one he had new but had to sell - marriage mortgage kids work usual stuff.

As for real values (distinct from insurance values) I won't tell you how little mine sold for as I don't want to des press you....

Still it's all swings n roundabouts, there was a mint original 25,000km zx12R that I missed out on the other weekend that sold for $4500......not that I was really in the market for one of them but sheesh at that's price, it's tough to say no....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Talking to my son yesterday, (doesn't happen often, but ...) and he was saying he checks the prices on 954s every now and then, and they've held their value for years, but now they're starting to go up. Seems we're not the only ones to realise those are a good thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

It'd be real interesting to see what bikes are selling for versus asking prices.

Since I started riding in the late 80s, I've never seen second hand bikes so cheap and readily available in good low km conditions. Whatever it is, it's gonna need to be something amazing to get me to buy new again.

4. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Yes and pretty rare to come across an unmolested 929/954 too. I think the 929 was the most balanced easy to ride sportsbike ever made. The same vintage GSX-R750, 2000-1, was also an amazingly brilliant bike to ride. I wouldn't mind adding a 929/954 to my Fireblade collection. Which now stands at 93, 96 and 2014 SP. I would actually consider getting out of the 96, although cosmetically it is really quite nice and much better than my '93, but the '93 has massive suspension mods that make it such a dream to ride so I always want to ride the 93 more. The 96 I have is fairly purdy though...

#14 trev, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Only 3 Fireblades at the moment, Trev? :shame: