2015 Supers with Reefton?

Discussion in 'Rides' started by RUSS M8, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Yeldarb

Yeldarb Two wheels short...

I remember that really easy bit of dirt...on an overly sprung FireBlade if I remember correctly...in fact if I remember correctly it was the single worst ride on a motherfuckingly badly corrigated road I ever did that didn't involve bruises LOL

To be honest, even if it was smooth, I reckon two-up, with luggage might be a bit of a challenge on some of those hairpins...unweighted front end and all...and possibly badly corrigated if I remember correctly...yes I remember correctly LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yeldarb

Post 9000 ^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

:shred: :eek:nfire:

LOL.

4. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

You must have got it on its worst ungraded day ever or you are a fucking pansy :)

5. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

doing this ride next week to get home T, but I can reverse your directions. looking to avoid black spur because I've done it many times, and there are too many caravans and cops and generally huge amounts of dick head behavior. Did the reefton only once with you guys and thought it was fun, just looking to mix it up.

6. Yeldarb

I've been called worse ;-)

There had been big rain fall in the weeks prior which I think was what caused the worst of it...as I've told you before, it was a fucking nightmare and I'm not scared of dirt...it was corrugated to fuck.

Still even if glassy smooth, on the WeeStrom two-up (let's remember Andrew has a slight, some might call disability), loaded to the eyeballs I reckon I'd choose another road.

7. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

I'm not completely scared of dirt. Wouldn't mind trying some easy stuff this trip, just so I know what to plan for in future trips.
    Must have done a combined 80 or 100k of dirt over the last 5 years with dad and tents and gear and panniers ect all loaded up on the VFR.
    Although I certainly become a straight line hero...

Leaving here in an hour or two!

8. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

Yeah, basically it. One small correction is that the acheron way is included in the above basically direct from warby to narbethong. If you want to include the reefton supr you need to stick on Warby hwy thru warburton east, mcmahon's creek and reefton before heading up the spur to caumberland junction and marysville, etc.

9. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Made it to the island, strom ran mint except for when I found out my size 15s will touch the side stand and then cut the ignition ;)

10. rossco

rossco New Member