2015 Swann Australasian FX Superbike Championship

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by trev, Mar 13, 2015.

1. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

My guesses

Yamaha 99% likely
    Kawasaki 99% likely - they've got a bit of an investment with the Ninja Cup
    Honda 90% likely - ASBK would have to come up with a decent TV package and/or a few more distributers involved.
    Suzuki 99.9% unlikely.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

Overheard at the QR Sunday presentations.

The Honda & Yamaha riders were standing together.
    A C grader was thanking Glenn Allerton for the help with his chassis setup & Jamie Stauffer for the engine work.
    Wayne Maxwell said "Now if only he could get someone to give him some riding tips."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

LOL. That's good.

4. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

Another thing I remember was possibly the biggest run wide I've ever seen, in terms of the re-join.

Riders had been told not to use the crossovers between turns 2 & 4, and 3 & 6.
    A couple of 300 Ninjas bumped approaching turn 4, and one of them veered to the right of the tyre wall and re-joined at turn 2. He then rode all the way back around turn 3.

I suspect he could've actually gotten away with using the crossover, as it would've been classed as just re-joining the track, not using a short cut. I was on FP4 and certainly wouldn't have bothered calling it in.

Edit: It was a good weekend for recovery. The only thing they picked up on the Friday was an axle at the exit of turn 3. An axle Oggy chased the bikes up the straight, finishing just short of me at FP4.
    On Saturday it was session 16 before they had to collect their 1st bike of the weekend.

#54 junkmale, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  5. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

6. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

7. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

8. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

9. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

Re: the above, they did, & on Dunlops.
    The Hondas & at least Mike Jones' Kawasaki ran Pirellis.

Back at Winton, all back on Dunlops, still 3 great races.
    As were most of the others, even if Paul Young had a habit of making the races in the Ninja cup be for 2nd.

More when I have a better connection than Newcastle library's.

#59 junkmale, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  10. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

http://www.mcnews.com.au/x-asc-2015-winton-sat-sbk-r3/

http://www.mcnews.com.au/yrt-winton-wayne-maxwell-perfect/

Also on the subject of Yamahas, I gather a shipment of R1-Ms has recently arrived in the country.

There were a couple of them at the MotoGP supports for Adam Christie & (I think) Trent Gibson.
    There were many more at Winton.
    In the pits, riders had smiles on their dials as they worked on the bikes.
    On track, they sure looked like they were enjoying themselves. By the end of the weekend, some of them were starting to approach turn 3 the way Glenn Allerton was - arse out.
    Simon Galloway picked up a 3rd in the last Formula Oz race on his.

Meanwhile, with their entry of a Ducati in Pro-twins, BC Performance set a record. I have been following Formula Xtreme since its inception, and never before in the series history has any team ever contested 5 classes. :clap:
    Naturally I asked when they were getting an electric bike so they could be in every race.