Bought a new used bike today

Discussion in 'Old Dungers' started by faffi, Oct 29, 2020.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Have not even seen it in person, just talked to the seller and had my cousin test ride it. Both claim zero vibrations from the engine in the normal operating range - hope they are right!

[​IMG]

2007 CBF1000A with OEM optional luggage. One owner. 54000 km, or about 34k miles. I want more power than my 650 Deauville provide for sporty rides, especially after my new riding friend having a 180hp Beemer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Nice, that will certainly be an upgrade from a modestly tuned 650 twin and plenty enough poke to keep anything in sight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faffi likes this.
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

This video shows perfectly well why I opted for a CBF instead of something more hooligan. I can appreciate the fun and joy with a hooligan bike, but lack of talent and self-control has learned me that I better stay with boring bikes.

5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Nice score, Eirik, just need to piss off that wardrobe that's hanging over the back-end and improve the handling out of sight.

...not to mention, the aesthetics. :p

faffi likes this.
  6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Thanks! I'll probably keep the top case simply because it is convenient on day rides, but the side cases will be for touring purposes only.

7. lindsaymac

Super Mod

Two-up and travelling, panniers and top-box. Daily use, tank/seat bag or backpack.

Wanna keep the top-box? Hand in your man card. :p

8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

:oops:

9. lindsaymac

Super Mod

:D

10. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Do the style police visit Norway?

11. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

No.

mikesbytes likes this.