Bought a new used bike today

Discussion in 'Old Dungers' started by faffi, Oct 29, 2020.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Going to pick it up on Sunday. First 8 hrs on the train, then an hour to get things sorted and another 7 hours on the road. Uncertain weather forecast says 6-8C with rain showers expected for the duration. Well, as long as it doesn't snow...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mikesbytes likes this.
  2. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

We had a change of plans. Thursday, my brother bought a Ducati Multistrada 1200S, 2011, from a dealer 60 miles from where my Honda was waiting. So Friday evening (yesterday) at a bit past 7 PM, we set off in his Mercedes Vito to pick them both up. We drove until 1 AM, took into a motel, slept until 6.30 AM, got up and drove the rest of the distance to Oslo where we loaded my CBF before returning to pick up the Ducati at the largest dealer of the brand in Norway. With both bikes on board, all that remained was the 6 hour drive home.

Pretty happy it came out this way, as it was snowing quite a bit on Friday, with plenty of salt being used on the roads. Riding for 7 hours on salty, half wet, half dry roads would have been a chore, with dirt everywhere, especially clogging up the visor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

You bought a new bike, arranged to do the hard yards and travel to ride it home in potentially inclement conditions, then wimped out and took your brother's van to pick it up?

Hand in your man card, you limp-wristed poof.

:p

faffi and mikesbytes like this.
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I will not argue with that, but I have no regrets :p