Confessions of a Commuter

Discussion in 'The Boozer' started by Miss Behave, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

* I see a bike in front of me and its like "Oh goodie, fresh blood" ... Game on.

* Dempster. He was the guy in the push-vehicle at the entrance to the westbound tunnel. He used to wave to me EVERY morning. One afternoon I knocked off work early and he was there waving so I did a u-ie, pulled up and had a chat. Not long after that he wasn't there any more. I miss his waves. Wonder what happened to him.

* Mr Shorts. A guy on a red Kwaka Z1000. We were having a bit of fun through the traffic. I get the jump and beat him to the lights. He splits around the outside and pulls up for a chat. He goes all excited like "D'ya remember me? We used to race through the tunnel a couple of years ago." I'm thinking "Err, nope. Can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, let alone someone I did that with a few years ago". Anyway, we're now on "best mates" terms - waving and having a bit of fun and doing those silly things. He's good. He reminds me a lot of Trev - same sort of build but with a beard hanging out the bottom of his lid.

* MonsterMan. I haven't seen him for a while. I think its a he. I thought it was a she for starters. It pulled up next to me the other day and I lifted my visor for a quick acknowledgement. It did the same. If its a he, he sure has lovely eyes. It works not far from me and we've splat a few evenings homewards. I wonder what's happened to it?

* I absolutely love riding to work and back. Does that make me a bit crazy?

Church is now open. What's your confession(s)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Miss Behave, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    mikesbytes and faffi like this.
  3. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

I love riding the electric scooter to work. It doesn't matter how heavy the traffic is I'm always getting in on time.

Even funnier is when you beat cars across the intersection - they expect you to be slower, and I expect them to be quicker. Once they get to the other side they're gassing it!

Filtering is the best. I'm not sure how much time it saves me, but it sure is fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faffi likes this.
  4. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Another funny story - we have cops on bikes filtering slowly as they look for people on their mobile phones. I was filtering behind a cop one day - after about 200 m he pulls into a gap and lets me through :)

faffi likes this.
  5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Haha, winning.

6. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

yes i think you are crazy LOL
    I enjoy just sitting in my cage to work and back.
    But, I like cars too, and have done a lot to my ute.
    And, many people think I am crazy for a variety of other reasons, so I just let everyone do their thing and that's cool :)

Miss Behave likes this.
  7. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

Not a confession, per se, but the last couple of days one of those rather tasty black and bronze Gixxer Thous has been parking near me. The first day it wasn't tied up. The second day was chained up by the pole. Day Three: Chain, pole but no bike

IMG_2706 (1).JPG

I wonder what'll be there (or not) tomoz

8. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

That'd spoil your day,

...or he's left the chain there for tomorrow?