FS-2009 CBR1000RR Racebike

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by #30, Dec 7, 2011.

#30 New Member

.This is my beloved CBR1000RR. I have done 1 trackday and 2 race meets with the bike. I have got it ready for next years season and done everything possible.Bike has these parts fitted. Raceglass,PC5,Air filter,GPR steering damper,Accasoto radial mount front brake,520 chain conversion,Yoshi pipe,Sato racing rearsets,Yoshi case savers,clipons,kill switch lanyard,braided lines.Everything mentioned is brand new and used a couple of times. The bike has more gear but need to check and list. If you are genuine and interested in the bike then call me or send me a email. I bought it as a writeoff with 11,500km,s on the clock. I have done a maybe 1000km,s on the track since then. It does not come with road gear as all road fairings were previously damaged. Condition of the bike is immaculate bar a couple of paint chips. Bike was never crashed at the track either. $10,700 ono.
    Will crate the bike to the East for free for the asking price.
    Call me if you need more info 0418833355
    leo4x4@hotmail.com

Leroy

Attached Files:

3. Colette

Colette Once you go black...

Great looking bike there, good luck with the sale. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

. . . . . sh1t.

I wish you'd put that up 24 hours ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

Did you buy one?

6. kneedragon

Yes. A 2002 R6 for $4k.

7. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

So the toss up was between a $4000 10 year old R6 and a current superstock/superbike 1000?

The CBR looks good. There's always a pretty solid stream of newish 600s and 1000s in FX classifieds...

8. kneedragon

The toss up is value for money. I don't really have the money to buy both, but I would have had the money to buy either one. Now I've spent the 4, I would anticipate having to buy a whole heap of other stuff as well.

If I bin a pretty new and sexy looking bike like that one, I'd do more than cry. The R6 is rough and that's almost certainly a more sensible starting point. If I show any potential or aptitude at all, I can sell it again (presuming I haven't destroyed it) for not much less than I paid for it.

But ... I would have bought the CBR first if that came up first.

#7 kneedragon, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  9. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

My point was, I have seen perhaps 10 similar sounding 1000s on the FX classifieds in the last few months, perhaps not all as good condition, but anyway.... They are not exactly rare...

10. kneedragon

I have also seen some ads. I've been looking for while but the money only just came in - so I only just started responding to them. People don't reply to your email, answer their phone or return your call - what do you do?

Anyway - no harm done. The R6 makes more sense. If I bin the thing then I bin it - that's not the end of the world. I can do stuff like push the front until it tucks and then teach myself to hold it up on my knee - which I'm pretty much going to need to be able to do - and I'm confident that the first few times I try that stunt I'll get it wrong.

I've made the mistake before of having (say) 10k to spend on a bike, and spending all 10 on the bike - leaving no money to even ride the thing - let alone race it. This time, I'm going cheap-as on the bike and I'm getting my club membership and my race licence and my trailer and generator and all that stuff sorted first. I'd love to own that CBR but running it and racing it for a year - realistically? outside my budget.

11. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

KD, have you picked up the new toy yet??