Harley Livewire

Discussion in 'New Models' started by jonescg, Oct 6, 2020.

1. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

I took one of these for a spin today!
    HDLivewireSml.jpg
    Very nice, very fast and surprisingly good handling for a bike of it's mass. It wasn't Chris Dodd's - it was a dealer demo. I happened to be killing time in Cannington waiting for Retravision to open (Mrs sent me off to buy a washing machine). So I walked down to the Harley shop and got talked into a test ride.

Unfortunately I returned home with a washing machine, but man, if I had $50k burning a hole in my pocket, I'd be making it rain :O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mikesbytes likes this.
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Interesting isn't it. The reality is that there is a finite life left for the sale of internal combustion engines and as we know HD is all about the engine and the noise it emits. HD know this too and need to work towards a transition and this is the first iteration. I suspect that the livewire will be taken up by a different market demographic to their existing customer base

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

I really like the look of it. Similar motor to a washing machine? haha

I've heard from a few people that have ridden them that say that they are pretty nippy and were pleasantly surprised. It's Probably the fastest Harley you can buy new :)

faffi likes this.
  5. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

One was ridden down my street. I didn't get a good look at it but enough to wonder if the target market might include some who would of brought a motorbike from BMW

faffi likes this.