Honda VFR750F 1992 - Perth

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by Morpheus46, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Man I love this bike and have had great times on it, but its time for me to move on to something newer with better suspension, so rather than spend a couple of grand upgrading it, I have decided to replace it with something that doesn't require the money being spent on it.

I have had this for just over 2 years and it has performed faultlessly. I have clocked up about 7000k's in that time so it now shows 49700 km's on the clock. Runs beautifully.

Michelin PP3 on the back and Pilot Pure on the front with about 5000 km's use, including 1 very cautious trackday when they were new.

Asking $3750

Soundtrack here... http://vimeo.com/65526531

S1140002.jpg
    39553024-IMG_2751.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Morpheus46, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  3. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Sold.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

I reckon I might have bought that.

5. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Geez it sold quick! I'm really sorry to see it go as it has been such a great bike. Still, it has to make way for a Tuono which I am now saving up for.

6. Davo

Davo Corner Whore

You getting the V4 or the older Twin?

7. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

No, the older twin. Quite well priced now second hand and I feel the need to own a large V twin. The V4 is obviously a sensational bike but I think a bit too extreme for me. I also can't justify spending that much when a V twin would more fulfill my needs and be a big enough source of adrenalin.

8. Davo

Davo Corner Whore

V4 is supposed to be an absolute ball tearing mental piece of gear.....You know you want to :roost:

Having said that my brother had the twin and loved it.

9. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

I'm also past 55 and the need for having the biggest, fastest, mostest has long since dissolved. I want something with character, style and panache (whatever that is), so a V twin will more than suffice. It's not that i don't like the new ones - I just can't justify the expense. The other bike that has taken my eye is the Ducati Monster 1100S circa 2009. But Ducati is becoming a bit of a cliche and I've always had the hots for a 'prilia.

10. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Oh well...

No Aprilia for me. :( Its back to the future with another VFR :)

2010 model this time.

This will be the 4th. Tragic, I know.

11. JNO

JNO New Member

Apparently, he advertised the bike as "one careful owner".

He omitted the bit about the other seven owners thrashing the tits off it.