Honda VFR750F 1992 - Perth

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by Morpheus46, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

What swung you back to another VFR ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Initially, no Aprilias here in WA and too much hassle buying from the east.

Then thought about it and asked myself why I wanted a bike, and what would I be doing with it and how did I want to ride it. The Aprilia would only encourage the type of riding that at my age I really should be avoiding. The VFR does everything I need competently and is a more "sensible" choice for me. Part of me wants to do something less sensible, hence my attraction to Aprilia's and KTM's, but the other part of me is saying "you can't afford to come unstuck doing silly things" - in more ways than one.

The VFR is eminently capable of fulfilling my need to remain a motorcyclist in my more senior years.

And to me, the VFR is one of the few Japanese bikes with real 'soul' (although Honda have tried to compromise that with the Vtec engine).

My new steed:

IMG_1028.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Ah to hell with that old business. Selling the 2010 VFR now as I have gone all motard with a KTM.
    I feel a hypermotard might be next so the 640 will have to go as well.