I have lost it

Discussion in 'Riding Techniques' started by faffi, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darren

darren :)
    Super Mod

Can you keep a secret?? I perved on a matt black Fat Boy the other week. man, I could chuck on a pair of boots, jeans,a jacket and an open face and ride...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

I'm with Antti on this one. I'm riding faster now at 40 then I did at 30, and with more confidence. For me that's on road or track. Though I again agree with Antti that on the road the margin is huge, I don't push the bike at all near the limits, tyres aren't skipping around, rear wheels not waggling in the air.. But instead I feel I can ride very quick on the road without dipping into that reserve. Basically lots of confidence :up:

Of course one would logically argue I'm quicker now because I was dog slow when younger, and they are probably right ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 Backmarker, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  3. urban

urban Member

Since I stopped commuting daily on the bike I've become way more cautious when I do get on the road. I never did track days when I was younger but I don't feel like I play any differently than I ever have in that scenario.

The dirt bike on the other hand, is starting to get a bit ridiculous, 5 trips to hospital with 2 overnight stays and a fair amount of hardware installed over the last 18 months and I still don't give a shit, I'm going faster than I ever have, jumping stuff that would've scared the crap out of me 20 years ago and cartwheeling into the scrub pretty much every time I ride it.

It's fantastic.:smile:

4. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

BM could it be the amount of racing you are doing now?

Daz, you wouldn't wear jeans on a HD. You'd be wearing arseless chaps :p

5. Dunger King

Dunger King Apprentice Strom-Trooper

some days I come home all cruisy and relaxed after a ride, some days I come home all tingly with my eyes glazed over. Depends on the day, the road and the mood. I now go slower on the straight bits and faster in the corners, but that is all related to the transition from just hanging onto the bars and pulling the noise lever as I did when I was young, to actually controlling the bike :). Caution and self preservation are my companions as there is no way I want to fuck up anyone elses day (or life), or miss out on being able to go out tomorrow and do it again.

6. darren

darren :)
    Super Mod

They would be like that if I came off.

7. Kenworth

Kenworth New Member

Well whats wrong with that mate ? Completely normal , I thought you had major mental problems , carry on :)