I'm flawed

Discussion in 'Riding Techniques' started by faffi, Aug 8, 2013.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

:lol:

My brother bought a GPZ600R from a friend of mine, who had just fitted A49/M48 rubber (rubbish?) on it before the sale. He did it on my advice :err: Well, my brother took the bike for a fang in the mountains and found himself sliding around most bends, often at high speeds. He was, as mentioned, not the least impressed. Then, entering the motorway, he simply fell down. No drama, no sense of slipping before he the tyres just gave in at once and gently laid itself on the side at about 90 kph. Brother claimed it was like laying down, not falling down, so he wasn't hurt. But he replace the tyres with Avon Super Venoms the very same day and was a much happier chap for it.

If the Pures were too soft, it's no wonder the 1400 didn't like them. Michelin M38 (old stuff) and Macadam bias ply also had way soft constructions and made bikes feel insecure - especially the 330 kg Z1300!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alphamike

alphamike Hi-Speed Gumby

Could you guys get a room?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. verseandvoice

verseandvoice Prophet

Room ten springs to mind...

4. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

We have got a room. It's called "I'm flawed." ...and, er, could you pass me dressing gown, please?

5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Thought those Hidenau's looked familiar...

[​IMG][​IMG]

ME11 Fr, ME77 Rr, circa 1980.

Hardly surprising, really, it is faffi, after all. :wink:

#15 lindsaymac, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. Davo

Davo Corner Whore

Absolutely!! I think the "rubber" they need is made by Durex, not Michelin.

7. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

.. Oh, fukken, beat me to it! I'm told goodyear used to make frangers, and people had to be stopped from hanging posters in the pits that said "Best fucking team in NASCAR."

8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

You boyz :heart:

9. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Had the A48/M48 pair on my Ducati 500. Liked them a lot at the time.

10. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Was that a Pantah or one of them earlier GTL or Desmo vertical twins?