New shock absorbers for 8 bucks a piece?!?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by faffi, Jun 27, 2015.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

... a front fork shock, like for a Harley Springer? Well, it may be at least as good as the shocks those had back in the '40s when that design was in common use, so ... I really think about $8 is pretty right... Given a Springer was about 23 ~ $25k in today's money, I can't quite imagine a reason an owner would want to buy an $8 replacement... It might represent quite good value for money, as a matter of fact, but I can't quite see why you'd pay half the cost of a packet of cigarettes for your front damping. I could make a set of front brake pads out of pulped paper and the original backing plates, for about $1 a set, but I can't quite see why anybody would buy them...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Felix

Felix Idiot, pure and simple

Probably designed for scooters, and more specifically scooter manufacturers: min order 500pcs.

Stuff like that is super cheap to produce in bulk. The money is added on at every stage after that.

Won't be any ohlins though...

5. mikedufty

mikedufty New Member

Thanks to viewing this thread, I'm now getting bombarded with $8 shock ads on other sites.

6. dalahare

dalahare Dunger lover

+1

7. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Probably for eBikes, that's one step lower than a scooter.

If they are $8 a unit on the English Chinese site, how much are they on the Chinese Chinese site?

Answer: I had a quick search with the aid of google translate and found a bunch of interesting stuff - http://s.taobao.com.......