Oz Superbike 2015

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by bourkem, Aug 7, 2014.

1. bourkem

bourkem Legal Eagle

http://www.mcnews.com.au/asbk-fx-2015-part1/

Can't believe that is only Part 1!

Talk about an insight into seriously appalling dysfunction. I remember the ARL/Superleague split in Rugby League and the power battle in that sport. At least the blocs there were squabbling over many millions of dollars of revenue. To see a marginal sport like M/C racing racked by politics and vested interests would be hilarious if it wasn't actually pretty sad. I am no insider into the situation but it seems to me that even with a harmoniously run single series in Oz the sport would always be fighting an uphill battle for coverage and financial feasibility. Time for a Communist style Riders Collective to take over? :shock:

3. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

It is rather verbose though...

I have no idea what the solution is, but a racing series where the focus is on affordable, accessible, competitive racing on a a national level is pretty desirable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

It's brilliant to get a proper interview about this kind of stuff instead of trying to read between the lines in press releases and haphazard facebook comments.

It's also great that trev's publishing it :up: I appreciate that he's doing so despite the likelihood of pissing some people off, which I imagine is why most people in the MC press only make oblique references to it.

5. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Yep, well done Trev. What a feckin schmozzle!
    Sounds like too many ego's fighting for pole position.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

Yeah, a right cluster fuck. Just keep in mind we are reading only 1 side, I don't think MA is the devil incarnate.

But the whole problem isn't just an aus thing, In francce we have the O3z series which is VERY popular, and in Czech a rival federation has been created following a split a couple of years back.

And Chris, I'm not sure I agree with you. I'm not sure being affordable for everyone is the main objective. For me the National championship should be the place where the best from each state come to prove their worth. The best riders, on the best machines, the elite if you wish, so it won't be cheap. Affordable racing (if that exists) is club level racing, which we have already.

7. crash

crash New Member

I think elite expensive racing is what MA have been running and look where that ended up.

8. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

The cost of entry will be determined by the cost of running the show plus something for your trouble. As for competitive, if you can make the 115% cut on the lap times (or whatever it is) then you can race :shrug:

Club racing is where the affordable, accessible and not-so-competitive racing happens. Which is also awesome, but not as exclusive as a national series.

9. gids

gids Slow Rider

The only solution is to let Terry run it for x-amount of years otherwise there will be 2 series. Don't know why they don't jus t give it to him, he has 15/20 years experience, obviously its his livelihood & he isn't going away. If thy give it to someone else, 1. they wont have the experience Terry does & 2. they will be competing against another series!

Why is MA so against Terry O'Neill?

10. PVDA

PVDA Member

When is Part 2 appearing Trev ??

11. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

It's like "Days of our lives". Can't wait for the next episode to see who rogers who :agrue: