Historics Sell your house and buy a Vincent

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by mikesbytes, Mar 18, 2020.

1. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

The one that held the Australian land speed record

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Never caught the Vincent fever. When stuff is too old and too agricultural even for me, you know it is no good :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mikesbytes

I once saw one with twin front drum brakes :)

5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

[​IMG]

6. mikesbytes

Well there you go I wasn't telling pork pies

faffi likes this.
  7. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

A mate of mine has two of them. One he rides, the other he races. The racebike engine was rebuilt by the Horner brothers, of Irving -Vincent fame. Prolly has $200K+ tied up in the two machines,

...but then he also has a square case 900SS, a mint RC30, an MV F4i, a '47 Triumph 500 he restored himself, a Ducati 998, an S1000RR, a Harley of some sort, a KTM1190R, and about 6 or 8 dirtbikes.

All that and he's a really nice bloke. No bullshit, no airs and graces, and really, really, fucken fast.

faffi likes this.
  8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Poor lad, so many bikes, so little time :(

;):D

9. afficionado

afficionado Member

I understood all production Vincents had twin drums.

10. mikesbytes

Outcome of a quick search, it looks like the switched from 2 small drum brakes to one large one in latter years, could be wrong as the photos could be of modified ones
    [​IMG]

11. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

All Vincents had cantilever rear ends and girder forks. The pic you've used is of an Egli-Vincent; Vincent engine/Egli frame, which has a twin-shock rear end and telescopic forks. Also only worth about half the price of an original.