Historics Sell your house and buy a Vincent

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by mikesbytes, Mar 18, 2020.

1. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Thanks Lindsay, I forgot about the Egli-Vincent, there's been too many beers in the past decades. Out of curiosity did Vincent provide the engines or did he purchase bikes to get the engines?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Fritz started up in the mid-60's and that was a few years after Vincent went tits-up, so he would have had to source bits as best he could. The Egli-Vincent was his first build and when the Japanese IL4's came along, he started doing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think the shop is still building bikes, I know they were doing V-Max's a few years back...so I went googling and found this, if you want to check them out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

That was an interesting read, it sounds like Egli is a combination of retail shop selling the custom built Brough, a brand I'd hadn't heard of before and makes the occasional classic bike, ie what he made back in the day.

Egli was on my short list had I won lotto back in the day