Squirty

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by PiJiL, Apr 24, 2011.

1. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

I keep seeing those mentioned on pawnsites, but I think they use a different kind of knobbies or something...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

:shrug:

5. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

The all new 'thrifty' Pete :)

6. Colette

Colette Once you go black...

It had to be a Honda. ;)

Looks good, are you still considering a Strom?

7. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

I was reminded the other day how my CRF has way stupidly too much power for gnarly stuff, it's not churning the rear it is breaking into mono on a whiff of throttle,. crazy, but big fun. crf450 pretty hard core for your first dirty Pete, way too hard core for me also, but farkin ell it is nice riding something that is just so berserk and way too much to handle, lol

8. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

I wouldn't buy a 450 motocrosser for the bush, gearing is all wrong. Some people seem to get along OK with them, but hill climbing can be a struggle. The newer ones are better power wise, but the early CRF450s hit like Mike Tyson off the bottom which makes life pretty hard in the bush.

9. urban

urban New Member

Just spent 4 days riding at a mates block on my CRF450 also spent some time on his Husky310.

We cut in about 5 km of fresh single track and with 1st gear on the motorcrosser offering the same range of speed as 3rd on the enduro, crawling around the tight stuff was a lot harder on the MX bike.
    Once it was all cut in and we had a track to follow I preferred the CRF again though.
    I tend to ride in the belief that if I can get the front wheel over an obstacle then the rest will follow so I like to be able to lift the front at will. The CRF does that and then some.

I was definitely smoother, faster and less worn out on the enduro bike through the same loop but the motorcrosser gave me a bigger grin.

10. Vicko

Vicko Tiggerific
    Super Mod

I don't use mine enough. Took the kids for a squirt on the weekend in the quarry much to their delight, but riding around the same track on your own gets boring pretty quick. There's only so many wheelies I can do before that gets old too it seems.

And I reckon a 250 is a better idea Pete. I'm all for 450 wheelies (that said the 250 will happily wheelie for hundreds of metres), but anywhere grip is remotely lacking the 250 is shit tins easier and quicker.

I still dunno if I should sell mine or keep it. Yes it hardly gets used, but its not worth a lot now and its a lot of bike really..

11. ohmygewd

ohmygewd >Insert Here

Agree with Cal, motocross bikes for the bush are too peaky in the wrong area's plus they aren't built for the bush so they get dinged up pretty quickly, radiators are ultra thin as are the plastics.

Vicko's CRF250 and Yammie WRF250 4blowers are pretty fun as they light and if you're a throttle hog, you ride'm like a 125 2stroke.

Ktm300, GasGas 300 or Husky WR300 2strokers...you know you want one!!