St George Round 5 Broadford

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by RUSS M8, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Well, after a successful meeting at Wakefield Park 2 weeks ago, Team Kanushoo Racing still has a few tyres in the stack to burn... So, I will follow the St George MCC Road Race series over the border to Broadford Raceway in Victoria, Sep 5, 6, 7.
    My first ever visit to the little hilly racetrack, with the weekend plan being to just enjoy riding my muddaboike (well, my mates muddaboike... but that's another story).
    With the motogp trip still only a "maybe" for me, it would be great if I could catch up with any of you Mexicans at the track or in Kilmore :)

Of course, any riding or set up info that you can offer a Broadford virgin would be great!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 RUSS M8, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. strika

strika Track Junkie

When mate?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

OMG... what a fucktard! I didn't put the date!
    Sep 5, 6, 7!

5. strika

strika Track Junkie

I'm an hour from Broadford if you're stuck for accommodation Russ.

6. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Thanks mate! At this stage I think I have a bed :)

7. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

Any chance of some time there before the race weekend, Russ? Coz there's 2 corners on that track that will fuck with your head.......

8. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Thanks for the info Cal... I think?
    haha.
    Friday is a ride day, so time to learn with no pressure. That is the plan anyways!

9. strika

strika Track Junkie

Ya reckon? Which ones? I reckon Broadford is an easy track to ride. Fun....but easy!

10. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

I found it a bit hard to go a bit quicker, took me a few days before feeling comfy. The blind exits and lack of run off do it for me. Also took me a while to start going appropriately fast into double apex corners. Wakefield is easier to get closer to speed imo. Wakefield felt pretty comfy in a day or 2, broadford probably 3 or 4. Also depends for me if I can follow some who knows what they are doing, which in itself means getting a bit speed up.

What I love at broadford, and where huge chucks of time were for me, were the double apex corners and entries in particular. If I'm pushing on I need to be going "too fast" all the way through apex 1 and drifting wide at mid corner - not because it is smooth and fast, but because I am trying to save the excessively fast entry. Mid corner I finally feel as though I have recovered and will not crash.... at that point I have undoubetly washed off too much speed and kicking myself, driving hard to exit. Nothing smooth or "keith code" about it. Too fast entry while past apex 1 - scrub max speed with front tyre to save suspected crash - transition to exit. A huge terror and adrenaline soaked rush lap after lap, especially pit corner, complete emphasis on braking while running to mid corner and then commiting to blind exits. I love it :)

11. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

Yeah, same sections did my head in initially. Once I got it sorted I enjoyed the hell out of it, but my first 2 visits there weren't pretty.