The "good news" thread

Discussion in 'The Boozer' started by Backmarker, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Well the Gold Coast guys never called back after all. However the funny thing is I may well end up working for them / with them in some capacity anyway. They have a very impressive electric motor which puts out peaks of 300 kW and weighs just 50 kg. No shortage of cool air up there. A friend and fellow AEVA member lives in Brisbane and he's into gliding. They use an old crop duster as the tug, and it pulls a glider or two up to 1000 m or so and lets them go, but it needs to keep climbing and do a long return, otherwise the rapid load cycling will crack the cylinder heads. So an electric tug would be perfect! They have an 800 kg payload on the crop duster, so there's no shortage of room for batteries, and the motor would be even more powerful. Graeme needs a battery for said plane, and I know a guy... :D

But in other news, we're still gainfully employed and will be looking at a house in the hills today. Will keep you posted - but it looks great, reasonable price, and room for a decent shed :O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. byknblood

byknblood ATheC

Might be neighbours eh :D Good luck ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Glad to hear, Chris, all the best for the new house.

4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Some may find this strange, but the kid has decided to take over the MT07, leaving me with the altered Virago as my primary ride. And I am very happy for it. The old Yamaha is growing on me more and more to the point that I can say it is the bike for me. It will be redone again, and there may be further issues in the future. But that's OK - I'll just repair or rebuild as required.

jonescg likes this.
  5. jonescg

We'll see. Asking $500k, we offered $470k (which is about where the market sits anyway). He declined it, but in this market, nobody selling a house is doing it for happy reasons. Hopefully he comes around and accepts, cause I don't want to pay (read borrow) more than we need to.

6. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Where are you looking to purchase?

7. jonescg

Mainly in Lesmurdie, but Forrestfield and Kalamunda are options too. Mainly for the bigger blocks - room for a garden and a 70 sqm shed.

8. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Ah, your in Perth. From the map those suburbs look good, 30mins or less to the CBD, even less to the city limits to escape for the weekend