Wanted: CBR1000RR or YZFR1 rolling chassis

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by jonescg, Jul 9, 2011.

1. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Hi all,

Yes, I have already started thinking about my next electric race bike! It seems there is little difference between a 600 and a 1000 chassis (correct me if I'm wrong, and I know you will ;)) but I figure I might as well go for the larger frame to fit more batteries and motor in.

I am after something 2002-present that need not be running, and need not have an engine. All it needs is a straight frame, wheels, brakes and suspension. CBR1000RRs and YZFR1s seem to have a nice big hollow in them which lends themselves to conversions quite easily. ZX10s are less roomy and GSXRs have had frame cracking issues that concern me a little...

Looking to spend no more than $3000 on it.

Help me if you can!

Cheers,
    CHRIS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gratrax

gratrax Master Gumby

Ya can keep ya greasy mitts off mine ya bastard :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jonescg

Better keep an eye on it mate ;)

5. pah68

pah68 aka Paul

ha...I should've put money on it.

6. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

There was a GSXR1000 on fleabay not 4 days ago, fucked if i can find it now :)

7. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

929/54 Fireblade chassis was amazingly good.

8. jonescg

I did think about the 900's... :-k Probably more likely to get a cheap one of them than a later model too. I must confess, I am a bit like PiJiL with my leanings towards Hondas :)

9. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Unfortunately, it also ran the swing arm pivot through the back of the gearbox. That might complicate matters a little.

10. strika

strika Track Junkie

Agreed Trev. I still reckon it's a better chassis than the 1000! :) I'd rather ride a 954 than a CBR1000 any day. (Not talking current stuff, talking 04/05 CBR1000)

11. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

The problem with the 954 is that everyone that owns one seems to realise what a great bike they are and refuses to sell them for cheap :p