Wanted: CBR1000RR or YZFR1 rolling chassis

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by jonescg, Jul 9, 2011.

1. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Where do you get this information Graham? I need to improve my Google search strings :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jeff seach

jeff seach sometimes knows S from C

spose it just depends on how much motor the engineers decided to devote to frame ridgidity

eg. I dont think the zx14 frame is a light weight, but its a monocoque (monocock?) that runs over and down the back of the motor.
    I dont think it uses any engine for its frame strength.. may be wrong tho
    And the britten uses a front end bolted to he front of the motor, and a back end bolted to the back of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #42 jeff seach, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  3. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

From people who pull frames out and weigh them :)
    Was just pointing out that steel isn't as evil as you might think. ;)

4. jonescg

Well I'm glad someone takes note of these things. I always figure the rolling chassis is one of the figures they should quote when comparing bikes.

I mean a frame can be light weight, but the frame alone is meaningless when you consider the weight of the wheels, suspension, tyres brakes and fairings... hence a sans-motor weight would probably be of more use to me.

Looks like any late model Jap IL4 race replica will probably work for me, although the ZX10s appear to have less room up the front.

#44 jonescg, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

How much of a rush are you in? Once I topple 100k on the F4i later this year it might be due for decommissioning as a road bike.

I'm pretty sure the frame's aluminium. If it's not what you're after or you want to get started soon, I'll just try and run it into the ground :D otherwise it might be a good way to get a cheap chassis and spend the rest on the go-fast bits.

6. jonescg

That was the 954 wasn't it? Can you do a few measurements on it for me? Tank-to-ground, inside width of the tank area... bugger it you live NOR don't you? I might as well just have a look in person :)

7. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

It's a 2001 model 600, but it's looks like a right fatty next to the new RR.

I'm living in Nedlands these days. If you wanna swing by one night or on the weekend, just let me know and you can have your way with it :) I'd ride it around, but it's in pretty dire need of some new front pads at the moment.

8. jonescg

I work at UWA, so I could drop around this afternoon; I'm on Katherine's e-bike today. AEVA meeting is on tonight at 7, so if you want to learn a thing or two about electric vehicles come along :)

9. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

Ooh, I'm in Leederville tonight until around 9pm, but if Wednesday or Thursday suits you I normally get get home from work around 5:20pm or so. The place I'm in is only a few minutes walk from UWA (between Hampden and Winthrop).

10. jonescg

I've probably been to a party in your house then :) Cool. I live in Joondanna so we can make something work. What is the kerb weight of your machine anyway?