Wanted: Indoor Trainer

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by RUSS M8, Apr 5, 2011.

1. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Now that winter has arrived, and my after work rides are getting very dark, I am after an indoor trainer - the ones you put the back wheel of your pushie onto so you can pedal without leaving burnout marks on the carpet... :)
    I figure, many people would buy them, then 5 mins later decide that it's too much like hard work, and end up with em lying around...
    Anyone know of one lying around?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Move to the north coast, mate, I go to work in shorts and t-shirt, just about every day. Might throw a jumper on, if it's getting a bit cool. It does get down to around 15C some days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

No need, i'm sure it was nearly 15 degrees today :up: was an absolutely pant stretchingly beautiful display of natures beauty :)

Oh, and more temp won't make it light enough to crash through the bush on a pushie without risking death...

5. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

oh, and I'm a day closer to PI.... :finga: :D

6. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

We got some rooollly, rooooooollly, steep hills around here, so you spend more time falling through the air, than crashing. :wink:

7. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

LOL... It'snpot crashing thatr husts.... just hitting the ground !! and then waking up...

8. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

I don't have one to sell (I reckon I easly do more Kays on it than on the road, even in summer) but I will offer my opinion.
    I'vz got a mag one, with 5 resistance settings. Mine are asjusted on the unit, while lots have a remote. To me the remote is a waste of time as I always have it set to max, as the bike has gears anyway.
    But thr wanky looking drip cloth over the top bar is a good idea.. Don't put one on carpet, unless you want it soggy with sweat :chuck:

9. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Buy some lights, ya woose :D

I had one for a while and hated it... sprayed pureed rear tyre all over the place, even with a special "indoor trainer tyre".

Eventually I bought an actual exercise bike with a big 20kg flywheel and ergonomics that vaguely resembled a racing bike, then replaced the seat and
    cranks and pedals so I could get the position right. The big flywheel makes it much nicer, I don't worry about buggering the frame of my proper bike, no tyre destruction, and it feels solid enough to sprint on. It's also quieter.

I still hate it. I'd much prefer to take the mtb and ride in the snow, but during the week after work in january, indoor is really the only option.

10. Yeldarb

Yeldarb Two wheels short...

I got an old "Spin" bike from Graysonline...fully adjustable to resemble my MTB layout...might be worth thinking about. They regularly have old gym equipment on there. Obviously it won't be free.

11. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

interesting opinions Frenchies...
    My old man uses one quite a bit, and I have borrowed it before. I don't know how good or bad his is in comparison to others...? He has an old 26" mountain bike with a 2inch slick on the back, the tyre lasted about 5 years before it went out of round and gave him the shits... I've wound my 90kg's up with a full sprint, it felt solid. I think it is adjustable, but the bike has gears, and if that's not enough, just add 10 pound to the rear tyre to increase resistance :)
    So, maybe this tells me the shit ones are shit, and I should invest in something better :)