Yamaha YZF600 Racebike/Trackbike

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by RUSS M8, May 2, 2011.

1. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Yamaha YZF600 Racebike/Trackbike

I have decided I want to race a 1000 next year.I own TWO Yamaha YZF600's, I may sell one or both to buy my new 1000.

I am willing to let the pride and joy go to a new home. It's a 1994/1995 Yamaha YZF600R. Lots and lots of little tricky one off bits, like most older race bikes, plus all the normal racebike go fast bits.

kitted forks, ohlins shock, braided lines, aftermarket discs/pads, K & N, exhaust, digi dash/lap timer, low bars/high pegs, racers edge glass, spare wheels with discs and wets and heaps and heaps of assorted bits and pieces. Full service log for the last 5 seasons, way over serviced by fastidious owner.

I am not desperate to sell the bike, there is a sentimental connection to the bike - it literally lives in my loungeroom... It's kept looking as good as it goes.

As for money, it's not really worth what I want for it, but it's not worth selling cheap... It's perfect to just keep racing. But, if someone wants to offer me an amount, I'll consider it and go from there.

The second bike is currently in bits, I use it as a parts bike for the pride and joy. It will be sold running, and ready to go (unless someone wants to grab it now cheap?)

It will have a few trick bits and pieces, but will mostly be a standard 1995 model YZF600. Good first bike or wet bike or something. I've spent about 2K on it so far, frame/forks/tripples/swingarm all aligned (bike was bought from a wreckers smashed). Has a mint tank.
    Would be open to the option of using my YZF600 experience to build it up into a Pre Modern/Retro weapon and sell it ready to race...?

Anyone interested just post or PM me
    [​IMG]

Cheers,

Russ.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Errr....

Didn't you have a 1000 recently?

:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

hmm, not sure I remember asking for your opinion Graham.... :rolleyes:

And, maybe it's because I liked riding that one that I wanna buy another...

Or, maybe I'm just a poor mechanic who can't afford to buy and ride what I want - but I buy stuff when it's cheap :) And, maybe I've found a cheap fou...